This Article Is For:
- All users who have access to: Blogs & Blog Categories
- This is applicable to: All Themes
Step-By-Step Guide: Creating A Blog Category
- Go to Website > Blogs & News
- In the "Categories" table on the right, click the Add Category button
- Fill out the category details:
- Title: This can either be the name of a blog, e.g., "John's Blog", or a sub-category for a blog
- Description: You can add a short description of the blog, but it is not required
- Parent: If this is going to be a sub-category of a blog, choose what blog it belongs to, otherwise select "None"
- Header HTML: HTML code that gets inserted into the header of all blog/news articles in this category. Use this to insert custom designs or sponsored ad code.
- Footer HTML: HTML code that gets inserted into the footer of all blog/news articles in this category. Use this to insert custom designs or analytics code.
Syndication: Choose other stations you’d like to share that category with. *Note:
Syndication allows users from other accounts within this company to add your blog/news category into their website. Users of syndicated blog/news categories will not be able to modify your blogs.
- Click Add Category button to save it