Step-By-Step Guide: Creating A Blog Category
- Go to Website > Blogs & News
- In the "Categories" table on the right, click the Add Category button
- Fill out the category details:
- Title: This can either be the name of a blog, e.g., "John's Blog", or a sub-category for a blog
- Description: You can add a short description of the blog, but it is not required
- Parent: If this is going to be a sub-category of a blog, choose what blog it belongs to, otherwise select "None"
- Header HTML: HTML code that gets inserted into the header of all blog/news articles in this category. Use this to insert custom designs or sponsored ad code.
- Footer HTML: HTML code that gets inserted into the footer of all blog/news articles in this category. Use this to insert custom designs or analytics code.
Syndication: Choose other stations you’d like to share that category with. *Note:
Syndication allows users from other accounts within this company to add your blog/news category into their website. Users of syndicated blog/news categories will not be able to modify your blogs.
- Click Add Category button to save it
Step-By-Step Guide: Syndicating A Blog Category
Syndication allows you to create a single article/blog post for one radio station, and post that other story to other stations automatically when added to a syndicated category.
- Go to: Website > Blogs and News
- Click on Add Category
- After filling out your category title and description, go to the bottom of the page and look at the section called Syndication. This shows all of the radio stations that you have access to. Simply tick the boxes of the stations you want to share this blog category with and click Save.
- When other stations create a blog list widget or an activity stream with a blog/news category in it, they can choose from any of the syndicated categories that were shared with their station.
- When you create a blog that you want to syndicate, make sure that after you create the blog, you assign it to the syndicated category you set up, and it will be shared across any blog list or activity stream that pulls that category in.
- When adding a blog category to a page via the Blog/News Widget, please keep in mind that it will display a maximum of 200 articles when 2 or more categories are selected
- If 1 category is selected the maximum number of articles displayed is 100
- All syndicated categories are appended with "(syndicated)" at the end to help differentiate between syndicated and non-syndicated articles.