This Article Is For:
- Company Admins
- This is applicable to All Themes
- Must have created or be willing to create a Mailchimp account
- Before you can use Mailchimp with SoCast, you will first need to setup your Mailchimp account. You can create a Mailchimp account by going to: https://mailchimp.com and following the instructions.
- Once your account has been created, you will need to create an 'audience' for each station within your broadcast company.
- Navigate to the Audience tab.
- Click the Current audience drop-down and choose View audiences.
- If you have only one audience, click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose View audiences
- Click Create Audience.
- In the confirmation box, click Create Audience
- Name your audience based on your station name (i.e Wild 95.3)
- Review the Contact information for this audience, and edit if necessary
- In the Form Settings section, choose the opt-in method for your audience
- Check the box next to Enable double opt-in to send an opt-in confirmation email when someone subscribes to your marketing. Or, leave it unchecked to use single opt-in and add subscribed contacts to your audience right away.
- Enter the email address where you'd like to receive notifications about your audience, and select your notifications.
- When you're finished, click Save.
- Once the audience name has been added, click on it, and then add yourself as a subscriber
Click on Add Contacts
- Add a subscriber
- Add your details, save
- Click on 'settings'
- Click on 'Audience Name And Defaults'
- Save the 'Audience ID' for later (to add to your email account settings)
- Click on 'Manage Contacts', and choose 'Segments' from the drop-down list
- Click the grey 'Create Segment'
- Fill in the following with: Email Address>Contains>(this is where you add your subscription group name. i.e March Birthdays)
- Click 'Preview Segment'
- Click the 'Save Segment' button
- In the pop-up, "what would you like to name your segment?" fill it in again with the subscription group name. i.e March Birthdays
- Click 'Save'
- Go back to 'manage contacts'
- Click 'segments'
- See your new subscription group added
- Repeat the above process for each station/account (that you want to use Mailchimp/email with)
Within The SoCast Platform
- Go to Settings>Account Settings>Account Email
- Add your 'Audience ID' from step #18 above
- Click 'Save'
- Go to the Email tab
- You should see your subscription group (March Birthdays) there, if you do not, click the 'refresh' button
- Make sure you enable the subscription group
- You should now see it show up on the signup page on the front end of the site.
Finding Your API Key (For Company Settings) :
- Username : Is the email address associated to the Mailchimp account
- Click this link to navigate to the API Keys section of your Mailchimp account: Your API Keys
- Copy an existing API key or click the Create A Key button.
Name your key descriptively, so you know what application uses that key.