Below are the suggested steps for setting up a Company or Cluster wide workflow for syndication.
Instructions For The Creating/Originating Website:
- Choose 1 station who will be responsible for creating content. (i.e Radio 100.1) This could be news articles, music blogs etc. If you have both a news and music station that you want to share articles from, that's fine as well.
- Once the creation/originating website(s) have been chosen (that the content will come from) go to Website > Blogs > Blog Categories
Once in the blog category section, create new blog categories that are clearly labelled that will be use for syndication. Label them so that you'll be able to clearly identify which station the content is coming from. Some examples for blog category names:
- Local News (Syndicated)
- Local News (Syndicated From Radio 100.1)
- Local News (Radio 100.1)
- Fill in the rest of the category details as you would normally
Instructions For The Destination/Consuming Website:
- Go to Website > RSS Subscription Settings > Sources. Add the syndicated categories from above as sources. For more info see our article here: Sources
- Once the Sources (syndicated blog categories) have been selected and added, go to website > blog > blog categories
- You should now see the syndicated blog categories listed, for example (-Syndicated From Radio 100.1)
- You can now select this syndicated blog category, when selecting categories to display in the blog widget.
- If you go to website > blogs > blog posts, syndicated blogs will appear with a 'syndicated' label under the 'author' section.