Contest Categories work very similar to Blog Categories. It’s a way for you to organize your contests. You can create as many contest categories as you like, and name them as you wish (e.g Photo Contests, Listen To Win, etc)
Go to Promotions > Contests > Contest Categories
- Fill out the category details:
- Name: This is the name of your contest category
- Slug : The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Parent: Assign a parent term to create a hierarchy. The term Jazz, for example, would be the parent of Bebop and Big Band.
- Description: You can add a short description of the contest category, but it is not required. The description is not prominent by default; however, some themes may show it.
- Click ‘Add New Contest Category’